Monday, November 1, 2010

Podcast and Multimedia Project

I chose to focus my multimedia presentation on two different web 2.0 tools: Google Presentations and Screenr. Power point presentations were a great way to present information to parents or large groups of students so that everyone would have visual as to what I was speaking about. I was eager to learn more about Google presentations because it gave me the flexibility to work on the project at both home and school without the hassle of thumb drives or e-mail attachments.

I currently work in a school district with many low income families and students are required to do power point presentations in English class. Several students do not have computers at home and can't even afford a flash drive. In the after school program I run, I have shared with my students the power of Google presentations. They are able to travel to any computer lab to work on their project and do not feel stigmatized by not being able to afford some of the tools other students have. I also point out that they are able to access their projects from library computers after school hours.

Screenr is another great tool I have come to love. Personally, I dread standing in front of classroom of peers to do a presentation, and this tool allows me to speak about a topic and present my ideas without the anxiety. I could see this being especially powerful for my own students who share my anxiety of public speaking. It's a great option for students to display their knowledge in an alternate format.

The presentation below on fine motor skills was an assignment for my Ed Psych class. We were required to create a podcast on this topic and after learning about Screenr, I knew this would be a wonderful way for me to satisfy the requirements, present my knowledge, and avoid being in front of a camera!


1 comment:

  1. This project is just outstanding. Thanks for taking the time to reflect on so many aspects of the project. We'll share this in class Saturday.

    ReplyDelete